Carponents.com Terms of Service
Carponents, Inc. ("Carponents", "we," "us," or "our") offers an online social network for car enthusiasts that allows users to connect with and share ideas with one another, find auto parts, receive maintenance notifications, store service records and access other services ("Services") through our website located at www.carponents.com (the "Site"). We provide our Services to you subject to the following Terms of Service, which may be updated by us from time to time without notice to you. By browsing the public areas or by accessing and using the Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to be legally bound by the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to any of these terms, then please do not use the Services.
You are welcome to browse around and see what the Services are all about as a visitor without providing any information to us. If you would like to use the Services, you will need to become a register as a user ("Registered User") by creating an account. During the registration process, you will have to provide your name and email address and create a member name and password for your account. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your member name and password. You are responsible for all uses of your account, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to immediately notify Carponents of any unauthorized use of your account. You may cancel your account at any time by emailing email@example.com. Once your account has been cancelled you will no longer have access to your account but we will still retain your account information for certain period in case you choose to re-register with us.
Carponents is intended for adult use only. Anyone under the age of 18 is not permitted to register to use the Services. If you are under the age of 18, then your guardian shall accept the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service and your guardian shall be bound by the these terms and conditions to the same extent as you. Your guardian hereby represents and warrants that he or she is your parent or legal guardian, and has the capacity to agree to these terms and conditions.
Our community, like any community, functions best when we all follow a few simple rules. By accessing and/or using the Services, you hereby agree that:
- You will not use the Services for any unlawful purpose;
- You will not upload, post, e-mail, transmit, or otherwise make available any content that:
- infringes any copyright, trademark, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any person or entity;
- is threatening, tortious, defamatory, libelous, indecent, obscene, pornographic, sexually explicit, invasive of another's privacy, or promotes extreme violence or cruelty to animals, or contains hate speech (i.e., speech that attacks or demeans a group based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, and/or sexual orientation/gender identity;
- encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, regulation or judicial ruling; or
- discloses any sensitive information about another person, including that person's e-mail address, postal address, phone number, credit card information, or any similar information.
- You will not "stalk" or otherwise harass another;
- You will not spam or use the Services to engage in any commercial activities, including, without limitation, raising money; advertising or promoting a product, service, website, or company; or engaging in any pyramid or other multi-tiered marketing scheme;
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- You will not interfere with or attempt to interrupt the proper operation of the Services through the use of any virus, device, information collection or transmission mechanism, software or routine, or access or attempt to gain access to any data, files, or passwords related to the Services through hacking, password or data mining, or any other means; and
- Let us know about inappropriate content. If you find something that violates our community guidelines, let us know, and we'll review it.
We may terminate this Agreement and your access to all or any part of the Services at any time and for any reason without prior notice or liability. Also, if you have provided Carponents any false or misleading information during the process of registering (or re-registering), we may terminate your access to the Services. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any part of the Services at any time without prior notice or liability. You may terminate these Terms of Service at any time upon the provision of written notice to us by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org , or via hard copy mail directed to: Carponents, Inc. 990 Cedarbridge Ave Ste B7 #161, Brick, NJ 08723. Your written notice to terminate shall become effective on our receipt of such notice and you may not access or use the Site once you send such notice.
Registered Users may post and/or create content through the Services (hereinafter, "User Content"). We cannot and do not review it all--we are merely acting as a passive conduit for distribution of the User Content. That said, we may remove User Content that does not adhere to our Community Guidelines, or that is offensive or otherwise unacceptable to us in our sole discretion.
Remember, once you submit User Content for inclusion on our Site, it may be accessible by others, including any personally identifying information that you may make available online.
You retain all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in and to anything you upload to the Site, but we need the right to use the User Content that you provide through the Services. You hereby grant us an irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, sublicensable, transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, publish, publicly perform, and publicly display your User Content and associated works, along with the right to excerpt, analyze, index, and create derivative works from your User Content and associated works, and to likewise use the names, images, likenesses, and photographs of all those affiliated with your User Content.
The Services contain material, such as software, text, graphics, images, sound recordings, audiovisual works, and other material provided by or on behalf of Carponents (collectively referred to as the "Content"). The Content may be owned by us or by third parties, and is protected under both United States and foreign laws. The Content includes the trademarks, service marks, and logos of Carponents used and displayed on the Services, which are registered and unregistered trademarks or service marks of Carponents.
Except as otherwise provided in this Agreement, you have no rights in or to the Content, and you must not:
- Use the Content except as permitted under this Agreement;
- Use our Trademarks except with our permission for each use;
- Remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the original Content on any copy you make of the Content;
- Sell, transfer, assign, license, sublicense, or modify the Content or use the Content for any public or commercial purpose;
- Use or post the Content on any other website or in a networked computer environment
Your access to User Content posted by other Service members is also for your personal use only. If you want to redistribute such content, it is your responsibility to obtain permission from the member who posted it.
If you believe this Site contains any Content that infringes your copyright, please refer to our Copyright Infringement Notification Procedures
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THIS SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS AND MATERIALS, IS PROVIDED "AS IS," "AS AVAILABLE", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CARPONENTS DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICES, CONTENT, FUNCTIONS OR MATERIALS CONTAINED THEREIN WILL BE TIMELY, SECURE, UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED. CARPONENTS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICES.
IN NO EVENT SHALL CARPONENTS BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, REVENUES OR SAVINGS, EVEN IF CARPONENTS HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE. IN NO EVENT SHALL CARPONENTS' LIABILITY FOR DIRECT DAMAGES ARISING UNDER THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR RELATING THERETO, EXCEED, THE TOTAL FEES PAID BY YOU HEREUNDER. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR NEGLIGENCE, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS CARPONENTS' LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE GREATEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR DISSATISFACTION WITH THIS SITE, THE SERVICES OR THE CONTENT IS TO STOP USING THIS SITE.
You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us and our officers, directors, employees, successors, licensees, and assigns harmless from and against any claims, actions, or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, arising or resulting from: (i) your breach of this Agreement; (ii) your access to, use, or misuse of the Content, the User Content, or the Services, and (iii) your violation of any third-party right, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, property, or privacy right.
Compliance with Applicable Laws
The Services are based in the United States, and are intended to be used only by residents of the United States. We make no claims concerning whether the Content and/or the User Generated Content may be downloaded, viewed, or be appropriate for use outside of the United States. If you access the Services, the Content, or the User Generated Content from outside of the United States, you do so at your own risk. Whether inside or outside of the United States, you are solely responsible for ensuring compliance with the laws of your specific jurisdiction.
In the event that any portion of these Terms of Service is held to be invalid or unenforceable, then such portion shall be construed in accordance with the applicable law as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties, and the remainder of these Terms of Service shall remain in full force and effect. This section, the section entitled Indemnification, and the section entitled Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability shall survive the termination of these Terms of Service. You may not assign these Terms of Service. No waiver shall be effective unless in writing. Neither the course of conduct between parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of these Terms of Service. These Terms of Service and any other agreements between the parties entered into through this Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York. Except for proceedings commenced by Carponents to protect its intellectual property or confidential information which may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction, the parties mutually agree that any and all disputes arising hereunder shall be resolved exclusively by state or federal courts located in the State of New York. These Terms of Service contain the entire agreement of the parties concerning this Site, the Services, and the Content and supersede all existing agreements and all other oral, written or other communication between the parties concerning its subject matter. You shall comply with all laws, rules and regulations which are now or hereinafter promulgated by any government authority or agency which govern or apply to the operation and use of the Site.
Questions or comments regarding this Site, including any reports of non-functioning links, should be submitted using our email address email@example.com. We try to respond in a timely manner but are not always able to do so.
Copyright Infringement Notification Procedures
All notices submitted hereunder must include the following:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- Your address, telephone number and email address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or duly authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
990 Cedarbridge Ave
Ste B7 #161
Brick, NJ 08723